Degeneration of cervical vertebrae is called cervical spondylosis. It is otherwise known as arthritis of neck or chronic neck pain. The bones in the neck slowly degenerate due to some reasons.
Factors causing cervical spondylosis:
- Doing work bending and twisting the neck
- Past spine and neck injury
- Slipped disc
- Severe arthritis
- Small fractures in spine
- Vitamin D deficiency
- Severe diabetes
- Severe shoulder pain which may spread to upper arm, fore arm and fingers.
- Numbness in hands and legs
- Severe neck pain
- Neck stiffness
- Loss of balance
- Weakness in hands and neck
- Increased pain while coughing, sneezing and while doing works like writing, typing, household works,etc.
- Headaches in back of the head
Teachers, computer operators, type writers, writers, sportspersons, aged and diabetic persons are more prone to this disease.
To manage the cervical spondylosis, the neck muscles has to be strengthened by neck exercises and yoga.
Accupressure Remedy for Cervical Spondylosis:
Points to be pressed : Li 11, Li 14, Gb 20, Gb 21, Gb 39
The points has to be pressed with the help of your thumb in press-release manner up to 14 -21 times or 1 minute.
- Lie down on a yoga mat facing downwards.
- Bring both of your hands to the either side of your chest.
- With the support of your hands, bend your upper half of the body laying your hip and legs on the ground and raise your head backwards as illustrated in the picture.
- While raising your head inhale and maintain this posture for few seconds.
- Exhale the air and return the normal position.
- Repeat this 5-6 times.
- Lie down in position.
- Lift both arms over the head by interlocking both thumbs sidewise.
- Stretch your leg downward and arms upward with normal breathing.
- Stay in this position for 20 seconds.
- Repeat 2-3 times.
These asanas will help manage and cure Cervical Spondylosis.