‘Eka’ means one. ‘Padha’ means foot. This asana is a standing asana in one foot. This is a compliment asana for sirasasana. This asana tones up the leg muscles and improves the balance of the body.
How to practice:
- Stand erect with the feet together, with the heel and big toes touching each other.
- Bend the right knee and place the right heel in the root of the left thigh.
- Rest the foot on the left thigh, toes pointing downwards.
- Raise your hands together above the head as illustrated.
- Balance on left leg.
- Concentrate any one point infront of the eyes.
- This pose can be done for 30-60 seconds.
- The breathing should be normal while doing this asana.
- Instead of standing on left leg, right leg also can be practiced by placing left heel at the root of right thigh.
Benefits of this asana:
- It gives will power.
- It improves concentration power.
- It strengthens the leg muscles.
- It gives the total balance to the body.
- It reduces aging.