Matsya means a fish .This asana is called matsyasana because a person can float on water like a fish for some time if he lies in this posture while swimming .
Steps to do for this Asana
– First sit in padmasana ,and then
– Lie down flat on the back with the legs on the floor .
– Arch the back by lifting the neck and chest .
– Hold the toes with your hands .
-This position should be maintain for some seconds .
– 5 to 6 times deep breathing should be taken through each nostrils at the final pose.
– This can be do it for 2 to 3 times .
Benefits of this asana
-This asana is very useful for a person suffering from asthma ,chronic bronchitis ,chronic cough ,infected tonsils ,and other respiratory problems .
– It stimulate endocrine glands like pituitary and pineal glands which are located in the brain .
– It helps to over come the thyroid gland and para thyroid gland problems .
– It removes the constipation .
– It is very good for diabetes ,it helps to increase the insulin secretion ,and also prevents diabetes .
– It relieves the shoulder and neck pain .
– It stimulate all organs in the stomach .
– It helps to prevent aging .
– It helps to inrease the memory power .
– It relives tension and stress .
– It helps to being always brisk and healthy .