Justicia adhatoda is a medicinal plant native to Asia ,widely used in Indian system of alternative medicines like ayurveda ,unnai ,homeopathy and folk medicines . It is a shrub with lance shaped leaves 10 to 15 Centimeters in length .This leaves are bitter in taste and contains carotene ,vitamin C ,essential oils ,sedative property ,expectorant ,antispasmodic ,antiseptic ,antielmintic , crystaline ,oroxylin ,alkaloids vaicinine,vasicinone ,adhatodic acid , and pectin . Leaves ,roots ,flowers ,and stem of this plant is used for medicine .
– Leaves extract of adhatoda have been used for respiratory disorders and bronchial ailments.
– It helps to relax the tracheal muscles and prevents bronchospasm caused by histamines .
– It supports respiratory system and bronchial function .
– It can be used to control bleeding both internal and external .
– It will help to cure sore throat ,cough and cold .
– It is also exerts a mucolytic ,muco regulatory and expectorant action by loosening the phlegm and making the cough more productive in expelling mucus .
– It can be used to treat tuberculosis .
– It can be used to treat wounds and minor injuries .
– It can be used to treat in bleeding gums ,fissures and hemorrhages.
– It helps to treat peptic ulcer because of its antiulcer activity .
– It is used to treat asthma ,whooping cough and bronchities .
-It helps to treat diarrhea and dysentery .
– It helps to prevent liver damage .