Vitamin K is known as blood coagulation vitamin .It is a fat soluble vitamin that stored in the liver and fatty tissues .It is found in the natural forms of vitamin K1 ( phylloquinone ) ,vitamin K2 (,Menaquinone) is found from animal source and is synthesied by bacteria found in naturally in the intestines .vitamin K3 (Menadione ) is a synthetic version of vitamin K .
Benefits of vitamin K
– It helps for blood coagulation or blood clotting .
– It helps to strengthen the bones by helping the body retain calcium.
-It helps to prevent the hardening of arteries .
– It will prevent accumulation of calcium in the blood vessels .
Daily recommended allowances of vitamin K
120 mcg ( micro grams ) per day for men
90 mcg ( micro grams ) per day for woman
Causes of vitamin K deficiency
Normally this deficiency wont be caused ,
-It can be sometimes caused by other diseases such as liver or gallbladder diseases ,any diseases of the intestine tract that interfere ,with absorption of fat .
– Taking antibiotics which kills off the bacteria in the intestines the manufacture of the vitamin K .
– Taking cholesterol reducing tablets .
– People who they are not taking vegetables in their diet.
Vitamin K rich natural foods stuffs
Kale is the excellent source of vitamin K . one cup of ( serving size ) kale contains 1062 mcg (microgram ) vitamin K .
Mustard greens ,spinach ,collard greens and turnip greens are excellent source of vitamin K .Broccoli ,parsley ,asparagus ,cabbage ,celery ,lettuce ad spinach are the rich source of vitamin K .And other vegetables and fruits are fair source of vitamin K .