Pistachio nuts are popular ,healthy and delicious snacks packed with lot of nutrients .Botanical name of this pistachio is ” pistachio vera .” Pistachio nuts are dry fruits of species of trees belonging to the anacardiaceae family of the genus pistachia .The plant is medium sized broad ,bushy and deciduous tree .It grows well under hot dry climates with cool winters .It is originally from central Asia and middle east Asia .The tree produces a seed . Iran ,United states and Turkey are the major producer of pistachios .
Pistachio nuts are power houses of lot of vitamins , minerals ,antioxidants and mono unsaturated fatty acids .It contains vitamins like vitamin A ,vitamin B1 ( thiamine ) ,vitamin B6 ,vitamin E ,copper ,iron ,magnesium ,calcium ,manganese ,zinc ,copper ,selenium phytosterols ,carotenoids like zeaxanthin ,lutein ,protein ,dietary fiber ,mono unsaturated fatty acids like omega 3 fatty acids ( oleic acid )and energy .
Many studies shows that
– Regular consumption of hand full of pistachio nuts will helps to reduce the LDL cholesterol and increase the HDL cholesterol in the blood because it is a great source of phytosterols ,the natural plant compounds that block the absorption of cholesterol .
-It helps to prevent the coronary heart diseases and stroke because it is having monounsaturated fatty acids like oleic acid .
– It is having vitamin B6 and iron which helps in the production red blood cells and increase the haemoglobin levels which are responsible of supplying oxygen to the body .
-Pistachios are rich in vitamin E fat soluble antioxidant ,it is very good for skin ,it prevents aging and skin cancer .
– It helps to protect the body from various diseases and infectious diseases through increase our immunity .
– It helps to lowers the risk of macular degeneration because it contains cartenoids like zeaxanthin and lutein which prevent the damage from free radicals .
– This nuts are having full of antioxidants that protect cells from damage by harmful chemicals .
– Copper is an essential trace minerals that is required in neuro transmission metabolism .
– Pistachio oil is flavourful ,pleasant ,aroma and has an excellent emollient properties .It helps the skin protected from dryness .It is used for traditional medicine in massage therapy ,aroma therapy ,in pharmaceutical and cosmetic industry .
– Pistachio nuts are rich in calories because of its fat content .
Pistachio nuts are available in the market in the raw form and roasted form .Add this highly nutritious healthy nuts to your regular diet .