Mangoes are wonderful ,delicious ,highly nutritious with unique flavor ,fragrance ,taste ,seasonal and most popular fruit in tropical regions .The mango is the national fruit of India and the Philippines .Mango tree is the national tree of Bangladesh .India is the largest producer of mango in the world with nearly 40 percent of the world production . Various varieties of mangoes grow abundantly in world wide countries .Scientific name of the mango is Mangifera Indica . It belongs to Anacardiaceae family .Mango is a tropical tree cultivated in many regions of India and now distributed world wide in many continents .In Tamil Nadu the mango is referred to as one of the tree royal fruits along with banana ,jack fruit for their sweetness and flavor .Mango leaves are used to decorate archways and doors in Indian houses during wedding and other celebrations .
It contains lot of health promoting nutrients like vitamins ,minerals ,antioxidants and flavonoids .According to the many research studies
– It protects against cancers like breast ,colon ,prostate and leukemia because of its polyphenolic antioxidant compounds .
– Mango fruit is an excellent source of vitamin A , Flavonods like Beta carotene ,alpha carotene ,and Beta -cryptoxanthanin .it is very good for good vision ,it also prevent night blindness and dry eyes .
-It helps to reduce and regulate the high blood pressure and heart rate ,it helps to reduce the risk of heart diseases and stroke because it is having a good source of potassium ,potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids .
– It helps the body to develop resistance against infectious agents and scavenge harmful free radicals because of its powerful antioxidant vitamin C content .
– It helps to relax the body because of it is a good source of vitamin B6 (phyridoxine ) ,B6 is required for GABA hormone production with the brain .
– It has moderate amount of copper ,manganese and zinc ,it is a co-factor for many vital enzymes ,and also require for the production of red blood cells .
– It helps to lowers the total blood cholesterol and reduce the LDL cholesterol .
– It helps to improve the digestion and remove the constipation because of its good content of dietary fiber and pectin .
– It helps to reduce the body fat because it is having no fat .
– It helps to improve the sex drive in humans because of its vitamin E content .
– Tartaric acid ,malic acid ,and citric acid found in this fruit to maintain the alkali reserve of the body .
– Raw mangoes and peel of this fruit is having many phytonutrients and trivalent chromium which helps to prevent the type 2 diabetes .
– It helps to remove the pimples ,blackheads and pores .
– It gives an anti aging benefits because of its antioxidant property .
– It helps to improve the complexion .
– Mango seed oil is helpful to treat hair loss ,grey hair and dandruff .
– Mango fruit is good for asthma ,hair loss ,constipation ,piles ,diarrhea ,dysentery .heart problems ,stroke ,morning sickness ,liver disorders ,spleen enlargement ,leukorrhea , eye problems etc .
The mangoes are used as a raw fruit , used to making sauce ,squash ,jam ,jellies ,juices ,fruit salads ,ice creams and many sweets .Dried mango skin and seeds are also used in Ayurvedic medicines .