|AZADIRACHTA INDICA ( NEEM TREE )|
Azadirachta indica is known as neem tree in English ,Vepa maram in Tamil ,vepu manu in telugu .Neem tree is native to India and Indian subcontinent including Nepal ,Pakistan ,Bangladesh and Srilanka . It is typically growing in tropical and semi tropical regions .It is a fast growing and evergreen tree that can reach a height of 15 to 20 meters .
Neem tree is known as ” Village pharmacy ” because of its medicinal and healing properties .It has been used in Indian alternative system of medicine in Ayurveda ,folk medicines and Unani for more than 4000 years due to its medicinal properties .
It is a revered tree in the Indian tradition neem is believed to an embodiment of Shitala ,a folk Goddess ,seen suspended on a branch protecting against small pox .In Tamil Nadu during summer the Mariamman temple festivals is a thousand year old tradition during this festival neem leaves are most important for decoration of temple and worshiping . Neem leaves are most important in many Indian festivals . Neem flowers are used in Andra pradesh ,Tamil Nadu and karnataka to prepare Ugadhi pachhadi and rasam .
Many research studies have been proven that 140 phyto chemical compounds are found in the various parts of neem tree .It contains sodium ,potassium, ,calcium ,riboflavin ,carotene ,vitamin C ,nicocin ,oxalicacid ,tannin ,antioxidants ,flavonoids ,aminoacids etc .
It is the best herbal medicine for curing and protecting many diseases . The varies parts of the neem tree like neem leaves ,neem fruits ,neem seeds and neem bark are used for many purposes .
-Neem leaves are available in every where throughout the year .It enhances the biological functions ,strengthen the immunity system ,boosting respiratory functions ,improve the digestive health ,supports liver by getting rid of the unwanted toxin in the blood .
– In ayurveda neem leaves are used in curing neuromuscular pain . – – Dried neem leaves are also used in storage of grains.
– Neem leaves are used to treat chickenpox ,warts by directly apply to the skin paste form or bathing in water with neem leaves .
– Neem has an anti diabetic and anti microbial properties that help to fight against micro organisms such as bacteria ,virus and fungi .
– Used for the preparation of products likes soaps ,shampoo,lotions ,creams ,bath powders ,face washes ,tooth pastes and many cosmetic products etc .
– Neem leaves capsules are used to increase immunity ,de- worming , skin purifier ,insect repellents ,pet care etc .
– Neem oil is extracted from this seeds has insecticidal and medicinal properties ,due to this properties it has been used for households of years in pest control ,cosmetic products etc .
– Residue of neem seeds after oil extraction is used for soil amenment , It enriches the soil and lowers the nitrogen loss by inhibiting nitrogen fixation .
– Neem oil is used as a lubricant common used grease cart wheels ,
– Neem cake is used as a fertilizer .
– Neem bark contains high amount of tannin ,,.
– It prevents and cures cancers .
– Slender neem twigs are first chewed as a tooth brush and then split as a tongue cleaner .It is found to be very effective as a tooth plague and gingival inflammation .
– Neem trees are eco friendly ,it gives out more O 2 to the environment and good carbon dioxide sink .
– Neem oil is used for healthy hair ,improve liver function ,detoxify the blood ,balance the blood sugar levels ,eczema ,psoriasis etc .
– Neem is an key ingredient in non pesticidal management providing a natural alternative to synthetic pesticides .
– Neem seeds are ground into a powder that is soaked overnight in water and sprayed into the crop ..
– Neem leaves powder of dried leaves are burnt in the tropical regions to keep away mosquitoes .
– Neem leaves are dried and placed in cupboards to prevent insects eating clothes and also while storing rice in tins .