|CLOVES ( SYZYGIUM AROMATICUM )|
Cloves are one of the highly prized spices widely recognized all over the world for its medcinal and culunary qualities .Syzygium aromaticum belongs to the family of myrtaceae of the genus syzygium native to Maluku islands of Indonesia .Cloves are the unopened pink flower buds of the ever green clove tree .The buds are picked when they are pink and dried until they turn brown in color .The largest producer of cloves is Zanziber in east Africa .It is also grown commercially in the west Indies ,Srilanka ,Madagaskar ,India and Brazil.
Cloves are used in many traditional system of medicines like Ayurvedic system ,Chinese medicines ,herbal medicines and folk medicines .Cloves are commonly known as cloves , laung ,lavang in Hindi ,lavangam ,krambu in Tamil ,lavangalu in Telugu ,kariampo in Malayalam ,laving in Gujarati ,lobongo in Bengali ,long in Urudhu ,lavang in Marathi and Punjabi .
Cloves are having antioxidant ,anti septic ,local anesthetic ,anti inflammatory ,carminative ,anti flatulent ,worming and soothing properties .
– Reduce inflammation in the body parts because of its anti inflammatory property ,good for arthritis and sore muscles .
– Cloves promote gastro enzymatic secretions and boost proper digestive functioning ,the decoction is used to treat flatulence ,indigestion ,and constipation .
– Very good remedy for intestinal worms
– It enhances the sexual health
– It helps for proper blood circulation ,protects heart from cardiovascular diseases .
– Good for sore throats , cold and coughs , clove oil is used in sore throats sprays and mouth washes
– Good for blood coagulation because it contains a vitamin K .
– Excellent remedy for flatulence ,vomiting ,dyspepsia ,motion sickness and hiccups
– It boosts immune system .
– Good for kidney function
– Clove oil is used in aromatherapy.