The delicious ,juicy ,sweet ,very fragrant and highly nutritious litchi fruits are the summer fruits belongs to the family of sapindaceae . This fruit gives coolness to the human body to beat the scorching summer heat . Fresh litchi fruits are available in the market from may to October .This fruits are originated in China and cultivated for more than 4000 years ,now it is cultivated all over the world . It is slow growing ,medium seized ( it may reach 40 to 50 feet height )ever green tree with branches .Litchi fruit is soft and pulpy white or pink in color having lots of nutrients .
It is a citrus fruit ,excellent source of vitamin C .very good source of thiamin ,niacin ,folates ,potassium , copper ,phosphorus ,magnesium ,manganese ,protein ,dietary fiber ,proanthocyanidins and poly phenolic compounds .
This fruits are using to prepare salads ,juices ,jams ,jellies .sauces and syrups .
Regular in take of this fruit will helps to
– Regulate the blood pressure and prevent heart disease because it is low in sodium high in potassium and have no cholesterol .
– Encourage good blood circulation and formation of red blood cells because of this copper content .
– Improves iron absorption in the body because of it its vitamin C content ,( vitamin C is essential for iron absorption )
– Aids digestion ,reduce constipation and prevents gastero intestinal disorders .
– Boost immunity power against the infectious diseases because it is excellent in vitamin C content .
– Prevent cancers because of its poly phenolic compounds ,proanthocyanidins and powerful anti oxidants water soluble vitamin C and vitamin B .
– Maintains body fluid levels .
Add this fruit in your diet for healthy living .